As we like to say here at We-Vibe, “sex never gets old,” so it’s not surprising to see a lot of growth and fresh thinking in the field of sexual health. There’s always a new fact or tip to share with your partner and that helps to keep sex satisfying.
Glamour Magazine recently compiled ”50 Sex Facts You Never Knew.” Tidbits ranged from useful to unusual. Case in point: Did you know that celery puts people in a sexy mood?
How so? When a man eats a stalk of the crunchy green veggie, androsterone and androsten odour molecules release into the body, which “turns him on.” As a result, odors and signals are produced which increase arousal in nearby women. (Alan Hirsch, M.D., author of Scentsational Sex)
Our other favorite facts include:
- There are roughly 100 million acts of sexual intercourse each day!
- One in four men switches the light off during sex.
- Worried about that second piece of cake? Fear not: You burn about 200 calories during 30 minutes of active sex.
- The average amount of time spent kissing for a person in a lifetime is 20,160 minutes. That’s 336 hours, 14 days or 2 consecutive weeks.
- When a woman orgasms, she releases an endorphin that kills pain. Ditch the ‘headache’ excuse. Sex is the best aspirin yet!