To celebrate Earth Day follow these helpful hints for getting green in the bedroom.
If you and your partner are looking for ways to spice up your love life without damaging the environment this Earth Day, consider shopping for green sex toys, says the Canadian inventor of the We-Vibe – a lead-free, phthalate-free, rechargeable sex toy made of medical-grade silicone.
The We-Vibe is currently the number one selling sex toy in Canada and Australia, and growing in popularity in the United States and Europe. Celebrating its first year of operation this month, the We-Vibe is taking the adult industry by storm, winning international design awards and breaking sales records. It is estimated 50 per cent of the adult population is now using sex toys. “We specifically designed the We-Vibe with the environment and consumer safety in mind,” says Bruce Murison, CEO of Standard Innovation Corporation, the company that manufactures the We-Vibe. Murison invented the We-Vibe, the first strapless, wireless, dual-motor vibrator that can be worn by the woman while making love for internal and external stimulation.
“We care deeply for our environment and have made every possible effort to minimize the manufacturing impact to our planet. We chose silicone because it is safer, lasts longer, has a lower toxicity and is extremely durable.”
Murison offers this advice for couples or singles shopping for a green sex toy:
- Look for sex toys made of silicone. Silicone is durable, has no taste or smell, nothing is being released from or absorbed by the material, it has low toxicity and will not support microbial growth. Also nothing will stick to silicone;
- Avoid sex toys made of plastic or rubber that give off any kind of odour - by definition they are out-gasing chemicals;
- Look for rechargeable sex toys to avoid sending disposable batteries to landfills;
- Look for sex toys that are RoHS-certified or WEEE-certified to be free of heavy metals such as lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, certain brominated flame retardants, polybrominated biphenyls or polybrominated diphenyl ethers;
- Choose a manufacturer that is carbon-neutral. Any product’s website should have its environmental specifications outlined.
Murison says choosing a sex toy that allows individuals and couples to enjoy their sex more fully, while doing something positive for the environment is a win-win combination for everyone. “We are very proud of our environmental track record and have worked extremely hard to achieve our status as a carbon-neutral Canadian manufacturer. I would encourage all consumers this Earth Day, and every day, to factor in the environment in all of their buying practices. We manufacture the We-Vibe in accordance with the strictest health and consumer safety guidelines and environmental standards in the world. Please think green – and remember to have fun while doing it.”
For more information, visit www.we-vibe.com.
Follow the company on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/officialwevibe and on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ms_wevibe.
For media enquiries please call +1 613 828 6678 x 227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.