Whether you tune into the big game or not, here are some tips from Yahoo TV to make your Super Bowl Sunday more interesting.
If you DO want to watch the Super Bowl:
- Hottie Alert: Sure, everybody knows Kim Kardashian’s boyfriend Reggie Bush is a running back for the New Orleans Saints and that he’s a fine specimen of man. But ladies … have you met Indianapolis Colts tight end Dallas Clark, Saints quarterback Drew Brees, or Colts running back Joseph Addai? Keep your eyes peeled for them during the game.
- Reality-Star Watch: Did you know some ladies from the E! network have significant others playing in the Super Bowl? The aforementioned Kardashian-Bush pairing on the Saints side and the “Girls Next Door” star Kendra Wilkinson and Hank Baskett pairing on the Colts side. You can start bets on how many times the significant others get on camera.
- Trivia Time: Peyton Manning quarterbacks the Indianapolis Colts. His father, Archie Manning, helmed the New Orleans Saints for 11 years in the 1970sâ€“’80s. This is the Saints’ first appearance in the Super Bowl. Who do you think Archie is really rooting for? His much-maligned hometown team that’s never even been there? Or his son, who already has a superbowl ring?
If you DON’T want to watch the Super Bowl:
- Girl Outing: “Dear John” opens this weekend. It’s based on a book by Nicholas Sparks, the author of “The Notebook.” Your boyfriend/husband has no interest in seeing this movie, trust us. Do not make him go with you. Instead, round up your girlfriends for a Romance & Cocktails night.
- Marathon (Wo)man: Staying in but don’t want to watch football? Check out these television marathons in lieu of the Super Bowl: USA has “Law & Order: SVU,” Syfy has “Ghost Hunters,” Bravo has “Law & Order: Criminal Intent,” TNT has “Law & Order,” TBS has “Titanic,” MTV has “Teen Mom,” ABC Family has “The Sound of Music,” Spike TV has “CSI,” TLC has “What Not to Wear,” and TV Land has “Home Improvement.” And if you want to wait for your TV dose until after the Super Bowl, CBS premieres “Undercover Boss” following the game. Check your local listings for times.
- Valentine’s Day: Use the Super Bowl as a bargaining chip for some romance. Tell your fella that you’ll be completely out of his hair in exchange for a great Valentine’s Day. Then spend the four hours of the Super Bowl to plan out your ideal set of activities. He has to go along with it because you gave him the Super Bowl, and it keeps him from having to worry about screwing up Valentine’s Day plans. Win-win.
Article by Andrea Reiher, Zap2it – Yahoo TV blog. Photo credit parislemon