But going out to buy lube can be an overwhelming experience.
Colours and scents and flavours are the superficial choices, but what are the differences between oil, water, and silicone based lubes?
Always the helpful guide here’s a quick fact sheet to help you make the right choice:
- use with polyurethane condoms ONLY
- CANNOT be used with latex toys
- water beads on contact
- washes off with water and soap
- use with either polyurethane or latex condoms
- can add water to get slippier
- washes off with water
- can be used polyurethane or latex condoms
- cannot be used with silicone toys
- does not dillute or wash off with water – so can be used in the shower
Bottom line, for the most versatility, stick to water-based if you plan on using any other toys or condoms and if you want to clean up quickly and easily.
Added bonus: it’s typically the cheapest!