From now until midnight on Earth Day, for every new person who follows @Ms_WeVibe on Twitter or likes the We-Vibe Facebook page to report that eco-friendly sex is important to them we will donate $5 to the Carbonfund.org (a carbon offsetting company). It’s our way of honoring Mother Earth raising awareness of the ways you can lead a more eco-friendly sex life.
To further spread the word about the green choices you can make, check out our 5 Greater Greener Sex Tips list for some advice from the experts about the little things you can do to reduce your carbon “bed-print”
PLUS add your tips for greener-sex to our list (via a comment below) and if we choose yours to create the final TOP TEN TIPS list, we’ll send you a FREE We-Vibe product.
5 Greater Greener Sex Tips
- Surprise your partner with an environmentally-friendly intimate gift. Look for rechargeable sexual wellbeing products that are made of body-safe and eco-friendly materials, and comply with the world’s most stringent standards, including RoHS, WEEE, and REACH.
- Rub down with homemade eco-massage oil. Check out Stefanie Iris Weiss’ critically acclaimed enviro-sexual bible, Eco Sex, to find recipes to brew up homemade oils from natural materials.
- Read the labels and do your homework, says Certified Sex Educator Lou Paget. It’s your body not a manufacturer’s test site; know the source and composition of anything you are using on or in your body.
- Good clean oxygen is at the heart of sexual arousal and the better you breathe, the better your sex life, according to sex therapist and best-selling author Ian Kerner.
Put an air-purifier in your bedroom. Many people suffer from allergies which really impairs their libido and interest in sex. A good air purifier will remove dust and other allergens and increase air-flow.
- Find someone who is as passionate about the environment as they are about getting it on. Eco-friendly dating sites, like Ecodater.com and Greensingles.com,are a great way to meet your eco-warrior partner.
Got another eco-sexy tip? Share it in the comments section below for your chance to WIN!
We also encourage you to pledge your participation in the campaign on our Earth Day Network page and share this campaign to help spread the word.